Account Management Team Leader
WEX Europe Services, the owner of the Esso Card™ fuel card portfolio, is one of Europe’s largest providers of fuel cards, supplying small, medium and large businesses throughout Europe.
Due to our continued growth, WEX are looking to grow and develop our Belgium and Netherlands Account Management team – with time split between our Ronse and Breda Offices. We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Account Management Team Leader to join our team.
This role would suit an experienced Retentions Team Leader or Telesales Team Leader with experience in outbound sales, telesales and sales account management – ideally from a call centre background.
Main Goal & Objective
Team Leader of Account Management to lead the attrition & growth agenda for WES in three of its largest/expanding markets Belgium, Luxembourg & the Netherlands).
The role carries responsibility for leading & driving growth and profitability through a defined customer retention strategy, combined with coaching & mentoring the account managers
to cross sell, add value, and retain our customers. In addition you will ensure that the business retains and increases customer margins through the provision of up-selling our market leading products and services.
- To drive systematic year on year revenue growth from existing accounts whilst also maintaining a focus on strong retention and renewal numbers.
- Working with each Account Manager to coach and mentor them to increase activity levels via introducing efficiency and coaching to perform
- Devising a detailed functional plan aligned to the overall company strategy and implementing it.
- Working with the Crewe based marketing team to develop and deliver the customer engagement strategy.
- Ensuring that we have the team in place to fulfil the functional plan; structuring and developing as necessary.
- Devising and implementing the necessary processes and procedures to achieve the plan as well as the key indicators against which performance will be measured.
- To provide the Head of European Account Management accurate forecasting and pipeline data
- Assist in the recruitment process, taking part on interviews and assessment centres
- Manage the employee relations, supported by Head office in Crewe, for the members of its team: 121s, probation meetings, reviews, etc.
- Assigning targets to the team and delivering associated commission plan.
- Determining the necessary tactical activity required of the team and ensuring that these are carried out; developing account plans (where necessary).
- Actively participate and drive the Customer Engagement Strategy by working with field sales to ensure that there is a specific treatment strategy for each customer segment that is developed, deployed and measured.
- Ensuring that the team delivers on the plan through the necessary guidance, coaching and development, enabling them to become ‘trusted account managers’ to their customers and managing performance accordingly.
- Ensuring that sales activity is accurately and appropriately recorded in order to produce regular management information and board reports.
- Building, maintaining and utilising internal and external relationships as necessary to generate additional revenue.
- Acting as a point of escalation for any “at risk” accounts or complex opportunities and resolving such issues.
- To be a point of contact for the Account Management team on all technical and sales related issues.
- Coaching & mentoring Account Manager and supporting the coaching activities for Telesales and Customer Services.
- Working with the local Tele Sales team and also the Customer Services Director to support the development of the team from a commercial perspective.
- Develops exceptional understanding of customer segments & their value propositions.
- Conduct mid/annual year appraisals and development plans for all members of your team.
- Openly reward and recognises the efforts of others.
- Fosters an open collaborative approach that leverages best practice.
- Develops clear succession planning through mid and annual appraisals
- Fluent in Dutch / French and English
- Proven Account Management experience, particularly strategic account planning
- Demonstrable understanding of Sales & Team Management
- Client-Focused Solutions Experience
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to Communicate Customers’ Needs with Staff
- Talent for Influencing Customers, Staff & Management
- Ability to Manage Multiple Projects and Relationships Simultaneously
- Negotiation, listening and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Leadership, with proven experience of managing teams for a minimum of 5 years
- Adaptability and a change agent
- Be a team player
- Degree educated or equivalent in Management, Sales or Customer Services
- Previous experience working with Account Managers
- Knowledge of Coaching, Mentoring, Sales, Increasing Growth
In return for your skills and experience, we are delighted to offer the following:
- A competitive basic salary, dependant on experience of between 40000 euros and 45000 euros
- A generous performance-based, uncapped commission structure
- Friendly working hours – Monday to Friday
- Remote working
- Generous holiday allowance
If you believe you have the skills and experience we are looking for then please click ‘apply’ to send us your CV.