Benelux Credit Team Leader
WEX Europe Services have a growing customer portfolio across the Benelux countries. The Credit Team Leader will report to Collections Credit Manager in Crewe, UK and have a remit to manage customer contact in accordance with the Credit Policy and Best Practice guidelines. Customer profiles range from Sole Traders to Large Multinational companies, Resellers and Oil Company Employees. This role is based in Lille.
Candidates must be fluent in Dutch spoken and written.
Team Leader Duties:
- Manage the local collections team to defined performance levels.
- Escalate Team Member queries to the appropriate level.
- Be the first point of contact for escalated customer complaints delaying payment.
- Complete reporting to Head Office in-line with schedule including parts of monthly provisioning. o Participate in the coaching of the team on relevant system capabilities & telephone use
Credit Limit Management activities:
- Respond to requests from head office to contact customers to assist decisions regarding Credit Limit changes to keep a customer trading within authorised terms.
Investigate reasons for volume changes
Request financial information
Negotiate changes to Customer Accounts relating to security, invoice frequency and/or payment terms
- Refer allegations of fraud to local Fraud Coordinator, and block affected cards by request to Helpdesk.
- Collections Activity o Respond to failed Direct Debit collections in line with company procedure, securing payment by alternative methods, including bank transfers and Credit/Debit card payments.
- Resolve technical DD issues with customer or bank, and reapply for DD collection, as appropriate. o Escalate problematic accounts to Head Office if approval for the next action is required.
- Respond to overdue non-DD balances in line with company procedures, securing payment by either bank transfer or Credit/Debit card payments.
- Prepare and send Dunning letters in line with company procedures. o Pursue all collections activity on overdue balances to the pre-legal stage in accordance with Credit Best Practice.
- Refer customer queries, especially those preventing payment, to Helpdesk/Head Office for resolution.
- Refer to all allegations of Fraud to the Head Office team.
- Apply Account blocks to delinquent customer accounts in line with company procedure.
- Maintain Customer Account contact records to reflect all Collections activity.
- Manage own workload.
- Conduct a monthly review of the ledger, and complete actions as necessary, including completion of monthly bad debt provisioning template, write-offs, and ledger adjustments.
- Prepare and submit files to refer debts to 3rd party Collections agency for further action in line with company policy.
- Execute bank guarantees for delinquent customers.
- In cases of insolvency liaise with a local insolvency practitioner to register proof of debt, and monitor for dividends.
- Prepare and send correspondence to customers.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with remote Credit, CS, CM & Sales teams.
- Monitor and support outsourced legal activity.
- Respond to, and/or escalate customer complaints.
- Support colleagues across the team as required
- Any ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Minimum Required Qualifications & Experience for Consideration
- Languages required: Dutch/French (fluent), English (Intermediate)
- Strong PC skills, especially MS Excel Preferred Qualifications & Experience for Consideration
- Knowledge of late-day recovery process in Benelux countries
- Experience with different Sales Ledger computer packages
- Exposure to, or previous experience of Fuel Card Market Skills and Attributes of value for the role Confident, assertive telephone manner
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Strong negotiation skills