WEX Europe Services is a leading fuel card provider in Europe. Owners of the Esso Card™ fuel card, WES also offers state-of-the-art fleet management tools, including WEX Telematics, access to Velocity online account management, e-route and toll services. Businesses, charities, parts of the NHS and schools rely on us to help them get around every day.
Founded in 2014 and with offices across Europe, WEX Europe Services is a joint venture, we now have over 1.6 million fuel card users, operating across the UK, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway and Luxembourg, WEX Europe Services offer greater convenience to both fleet managers and drivers.
This position is based at our European Head Office in Crewe, Cheshire and as the Tax Manager you would be responsible for the Group’s European tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for completion of draft direct and indirect tax returns and associated analysis and support.
- Ownership of parent company Group tax relationship, based in the US.
- Partner with professional advisors to formulate and execute tax strategy and planning.
- Responsible for management of tax audits.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes at Group level and in the subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party professional advisors.
- Responsible for draft transfer pricing agreements and management fee arrangements.
- Supervise tax assistant manager.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for taxes.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting the treasury team on an ad-hoc basis to ensure accurate cash-flow management.
- Ownership of fiscal risk management.
Knowledge, Qualifications & Attributes:
- CTA Qualified
- Degree level education preferred.
- 3 years post qualification experience.
- Advanced excel and systems skills
- Experience of international tax management.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and staff
In return you can expect to receive:
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday (ex. Bank holidays)
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexible working hours, Monday-Friday, NO EVENING AND NO WEEKENDS
- Group Income Protection (after qualifying period)
- Cycle to Work scheme (after qualifying period)
- Free Fruit delivered twice a week
- Employee fuel card – allowing you savings on pump price fuel (after qualifying period)
- Social Events – Summer BBQ, Christmas party, Annual WES Quiz, Charity days and much more