Head of Tax
Based in the UK Head Office, this position is responsible for the Group’s European tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
Please click apply to submit your application.
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY, NO AGENCIES, THANK YOU.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for completion of draft direct and indirect tax returns and associated analysis and support.
- Responsibility for ensuring payroll tax compliance in all countries.
- Ownership of parent company Group tax relationship, based in the US.
- Partner with professional advisors to formulate and execute tax strategy and planning.
- Responsible for management of tax audits.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes at Group level and in the subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party professional advisors.
- Responsible for draft transfer pricing agreements and management fee arrangements.
- Supervise tax assistant manager.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for taxes.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting the treasury team on an ad-hoc basis to ensure accurate cash-flow management.
- Ownership of fiscal risk management. Knowledge, Qualifications & Attributes
- CTA Qualified
- Degree level education preferred.
- 3 years post qualification experience.
- Advanced excel and systems skills
- Experience of international tax management.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and staff
- Competitive basic salary
- Friendly working hours – Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5pm
- Company pension & life assurance scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Employee discount and incentives scheme (Perkbox)
- Complimentary fresh fruit and hot drinks