Head of Customer Journey
WEX Europe Services is undergoing a significant growth strategy and central to this is the establishment of a new Customer Retention & Experience function that support and enable in country sales teams across Europe. The Team will be pivotal in driving the improvements in sales effectiveness that will result in significant revenue and profitability gains.
This role will focus on enhancing our sales strategies, plans and processes related to the customer journey.
Working with a broad and diverse range of internal stakeholders, including WES sales teams across Europe, the jobholder will develop and share specialist customer journey knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our sales strategies and lead innovation in a range of areas.
Development and Performance of the in life customer journey from welcome to win back to achieve budgeted performance across all WEX Europe Services customers / offices
- Customer journey strategy development
- Development of a country specific end to end customer journey
- Own the contact strategy and content supporting the customer journey
- Delivery & execution of customer journey within customer facing teams across Europe
- Deliver to budget attrition and value growth targets, ensuring risks to plan are mitigated
- Performance Improvement
- Continually review customer journey processes and performance to identify opportunities to standardise, simplify and optimise
- Identification of ongoing process improvements to ensure continuous performance improvement
- Insight Development
- Measure and continuously improve operational execution and customer impact of CJ
- Manage cost to serve and ROI by segment
- Run a Test & Learn program to ensure continuous improvement
- Set & monitor KPI’s monthly and annually
- Review and improve Commission and remuneration arrangements
- Provide customer journey advice and training to in country sales teams
- Develop strong relationships with customer facing teams and other internal contacts
- Provide coaching and ongoing support to ensure high quality delivery of advice and support
- Assess training needs, design training solutions and implement in conjunction with the Head of L&D
- Tailor support to meet specific in country team requirements, including regulatory and cultural differences in the account management process
KEY KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Customer journey
- Proven experience of working within a customer centric leadership role managing the full customer journey, typically with at least 5 years’ experience
- A drive and aptitude to build deep sales specialisms in more complex areas.
- Demonstrable experience to develop high performing sales teams able to achieve and exceed objectives.
- A strong desire to sell and coach team members to achieve / exceed their own targets
- A collaborative individual with the ability to manage the balance between the operational requirements of the business whilst achieving sales targets
- The ability to work across multiple functions of an organisation in a collaborative way, considering cultural differences
- Strong negotiation skills and stakeholder management
- The ability to recognise and work with country and cultural differences
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Able to structure solutions to meet both the needs of the customer and the business.
- A can do attitude with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for leading from the front and by example
- Tenacity, strong work ethic with the will to win
- Agility and flexibility to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organisational skills.
- IT literacy – including Word, Excel and bespoke sales software
- Ability to plan and execute but be flexible in approach.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to react in a calm and professional manner when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Gravitas to engage and gain respect from experienced sales professionals
- Change and Innovation
- A willingness to drive change
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A desire to challenge the status quo