Head of Retention
WEX Europe Services is undergoing a significant growth strategy and central to this is the establishment of a new Customer Retention & Experience function that support and enable in country sales teams across Europe. The Team will be pivotal in driving the improvements in sales effectiveness that will result in significant revenue and profitability gains.
This role will focus on enhancing our sales strategies, plans and processes related to the retention and recovery of customers.
Working with a broad and diverse range of internal stakeholders, including WEX Europe Services Ltd sales teams across Europe, the job holder will develop and share specialist customer retention knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our sales strategies and lead innovation in a range of areas.
MAIN GOAL AND OBJECTIVE:
- This role will be focused on the development and performance of the customer retention strategy
- Customer Retention strategy development
- Development of retention & winback strategy by country
- Development of strategy to develop growth and stickiness within the customer portfolio to improve CLV and multi-product holdings
- Create and analyse actionable insight into attrition drivers to support development retention offers and propositions
- Process improvement
- Review existing retention processes to identify opportunities to standardise, simplify and optimise
- Identification of ongoing process improvements to ensure continuous performance improvement
- Provide customer retention advice and training to in country teams
- Share best practice across countries, continually improving performance metrics
- Drive country level initiatives to support retention activity
- Deliver tools and approaches to balance pricing empowerment and control in AM teams
- Utilise strong business awareness and sound reporting skills to provide valuable insights to the business
- Increase understanding of Margin and volume elasticity, feeding insight into retention strategy
- Support Large & Huge customer growth and retention through bespoke solutions
KEY KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Customer retention
- Proven experience of customer retention leadership in a similar role, typically with at least 5 years’ experience
- A drive and aptitude to build deep retention specialisms in more complex areas.
- A strong desire to coach team members to achieve / exceed their own targets
- A collaborative individual with the ability to manage the balance between the operational requirements of the business whilst achieving retention targets
- The ability to work across multiple functions of an organisation in a collaborative way
- Strong negotiation skills and stakeholder management
- The ability to recognise and work with country and cultural differences
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Able to structure solutions to meet both the needs of the customer and the business.
- A can do attitude with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for leading from the front and by example
- Tenacity, strong work ethic with the will to win
- Agility and flexibility to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organisational skills.
- IT literacy – including Word, Excel and bespoke sales software
- Ability to plan and execute but be flexible in approach.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to react in a calm and professional manner when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Gravitas to engage and gain respect from experienced sales professionals
- Change and Innovation
- A willingness to drive change by
- helping further define the CoE model
- embracing virtual working and other technology
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A desire to challenge the status quo
- A willingness to drive change by