WEX Europe Services (WES) is Europe’s newest fuel card provider, born from a joint venture between U.S.-based WEX Inc. and UK-based Radius Payment Solutions. The parent companies bring over 50 years of experience to the industry. WES aims to be Europe’s leading fuel card provider by 2020. With the Esso card commercial portfolio as our foundation.
A career at WES Ltd offers a step into a bright, dynamic and progressive future. Our key focus is driving the growth of our business.
WES is seeking a Finance Analyst to support the financial monitoring of Europe wide revenue through the preparation of standard margin analysis and reporting and ad hoc investigation into trends, risks and opportunities.
Revenue is generated from both fuel and non-fuel transactions and various fees across a customer base of circa 100,000 customers. Detailed financial planning models are used to project expected revenue from each key income stream. The main purpose of this role is to support the analysis of revenue each month to allow meaningful comparison to expectations, identify variances and investigate the reasons for these variances together with assessing the likely future impact.
Success in this role requires the financial and commercial understanding to link financial performance to the underlying business drivers, a focus on detail and accuracy and the ability to work with multiple data sets to build a full picture of revenue performance.
Direct Applicants only, No agencies.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft skills are imperative
- Highly numerate, attention to detail and financial reconciliation – including ensuring consistency across multiple reports containing the same information
- Comfortable working within tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities and turning information around quickly
- Strong organisational skills and self-review discipline
- Able to learn new skills and systems quickly
- Questioning approach
- Excellent communication skills to relay key findings
- Ability to summarise and contextualise financial performance – understand what it means to the business, what is valuable information to report on and what should be left out
Person Specification & Candidate profile:
Minimum Required Qualifications & Experience for Consideration
- Financial experience including management accounts preparation and month end reporting cycles
- Professional qualification: end stages AAT or initial phase CIMA/ACCA
- Highly committed to quality and accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable in a changing environment
- Enthusiastic self-starter, driven by the intent to succeed and achieve personal and company goals
- Resilient team player
- Responsible and positive outlook
- First-rate communications skills; demonstrating confidence, adaptability, dependability and initiative
- Preparation of monthly margin analysis highlighting key variances vs prior periods, budget and forecast
- Analysis of monthly fee income into fee type, correlating fee income with fee drivers to predict future trends in performance
- Investigation of significant variances and anomalies in margin performance
- Preparation of customer level margin – allowing identification of risks and opportunities and understanding of the drivers for key margin variances
- Month end volume reporting, including variance to budget and forecast
- Monthly attrition calculations, including analysis by customer, country and team in conjunction with volume data analysts
- Preparation of data for month end accruals including analysis of international transactions and volume performance for introducer bonus schemes
- Support in forecasting volume and margin performance
In return for your skills and experience, we are delighted to offer the following:
- A competitive basic salary
- Friendly working hours – Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5pm
- Company pension & life assurance scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Employee discount and incentives scheme (Perkbox) this includes free mobile phone insurance, supermarket, high street savings, Gym discounts, Money off meals and great prices on cinema tickets.
- Complimentary hot drinks