WEX Europe Services (WES) is Europe’s newest fuel card provider, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Finance Team at our European Head Office in Crewe Cheshire.
We are looking for a Data Architect to build, optimise and maintain conceptual and logical data architecture and associated development roadmap.
For this role, you will have experience of analysing data and system requirements, defining optimum data storage and access solutions, and developing practical migration approaches to enable transition from current state to target state in line with business requirements. You will also have detailed knowledge and experience of SQL, Oracle and Microsoft Azure. Ideally, you will also be familiar with predictive and data visualisation techniques using relevant tools such as Tableau.
You will also have experience of working across a complex systems architecture with a diverse data landscape covering mainframe platforms through to local Excel and Access data repositories. Ideally, you will also have experience of working across multiple third parties and implementing data solutions across multiple European locations.
DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY NO AGENCIES.
- Develop database architecture and implementation roadmap to ensure all company data can be stored and retrieved efficiently and securely
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation and artifacts to ensure current state and future state data landscape is clearly understood.
- Analyze and review data requirements for new business processes, software and applications to ensure data design is fit for purpose
- Steer, plan and guide migration of data from legacy systems and databases to new solutions designed to optimize data availability, quality and security.
- Design conceptual and logical data models, data definitions and data flow diagrams
- Optimize new and current database systems
- Define and ensure appropriate security and backup procedures are documented and applied Lead the companies Data Governance Forum and Data Working Group Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS)
KEY KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- More than 5 years proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system and data requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL, Oracle and Microsoft Azure
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Proven analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
In return for your skills and experience, we are delighted to offer the following:
- competitive basic salary of between £70,000-£85,000 dependant on experience
- Friendly working hours – Monday to Friday NO EVENING AND NO WEEKENDS
- Company pension & life assurance scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Employee discount and incentives scheme (Perkbox) this includes free mobile phone insurance, supermarket, high street savings, Gym discounts, Money off meals and great prices on cinema tickets.
- Complimentary hot and cold drinks