Credit Analyst 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
WEX Europe Services have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Credit Analyst. You will join our friendly Finance Team, based at our modern offices in Crewe. This role will initially be on a 6 month fixed term contract basis.
We are the owner of the Esso Card™ fuel card portfolio, which is one of Europe’s largest providers of fuel cards.
The Credit Analyst can expect a brilliant working environment and great working hours 37.5 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
The WES Credit Vetting team in Crewe is responsible for processing and underwriting all applications across 8 issuing countries in Europe, in line with the WES Credit Policy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess and measure the risk of extending Credit to all applicants
- Assess and evaluate the financial position and credit worthiness of all applications and make informed decisions
- Strive to accept all business, through accepting and controlling the higher risk customers – by means of reduced terms, securities etc.
- Minimise the risk to the business with a strong focus on fraud
- Building and maintain a strong working relationship with remote sales teams
Key skills / Attributes:
- Demonstrable Credit assessment / underwriting experience
- Experience of dealing with the main credit reference agencies
- Knowledge of assessing company financial statements – balance sheets, P&L statements
- Strong PC skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience for Consideration:
- Knowledge of underwriting in European Countries
- Underwriting experience in a B2B environment
- Exposure to, or previous experience of Fuel Card Market
Skills and Attributes of value for the role:
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to confidently make accurate decisions
In return, the Credit Data Analyst will receive;
- Competitive basic salary
- Company pension & life assurance scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus statutory bank holidays
- Employee discount and incentives scheme (Perkbox) this includes free mobile phone insurance, high street savings, Gym discounts, Money off meals and cinema tickets
Don’t miss out! Apply for this Credit Analyst position now, by submitting your CV via the button shown.
Direct applicants only NO agencies.